Often we don’t realize how simply a natural ingredient in our diet can help us cope up or cure an illness. Such is the case with Curcumin. In this blog post, we will understand all about Curcumin and how it helps sinusitis.
What is Curcumin?
Curcumin is the principal ingredient in turmeric whose bright yellow-orange colour comes due to the presence of fat-soluble, polyphenolic pigments, called the curcuminoids.
Two other curcuminoids termed bisdemethoxycurcumin and demethoxycurcumin are also present in turmeric and provide additional nutrient support to it.
Turmeric is mostly found in the South and South-East Asia and curcumin is obtained from the dried rhizome (root) of the turmeric plant. Ideally, the rhizome is processed to form turmeric that contains 2% – 5% curcumin.
What is Sinusitis?
Sinuses are hollow air spaces within the bones surrounding the nose. When they are healthy, they are filled with air and produce mucus, which drains into the nose. When they become blocked, they get filled with fluid and they get infected leading to sinusitis.
Sinusitis can be broadly categorized as follows:
- Acute – It is a temporary infection associated with a cold. It can then turn into a bacterial infection. Acute sinusitis can last up to four weeks
- Subacute – Subacute sinus inflammation usually lasts up to four to twelve weeks.
- Chronic – When sinusitis lasts for more than 12 weeks, it is called chronic sinusitis.
- Recurrent – If someone has several attacks of sinusitis in a year, it is called recurrent sinusitis.
Regular episodes of Acute sinusitis lead to developing Chronic sinusitis.
Can Turmeric help Sinusitis?
If you are wondering “Is turmeric good for sinus?”, the answer is “Yes, it is.” It is a known fact that Curcumin is an active ingredient in turmeric which is anti-inflammatory and natural antiseptic.
It helps with the healing of the sinus cavity and clears the airways. Most of the times, sinus infections are caused by inflammation of the mucous membranes. Since turmeric possesses anti-inflammatory properties, it is considered a highly effective solution for the sinus infection.
Signs and Symptoms of Sinusitis
Though Chronic sinusitis and Acute sinusitis have similar signs and symptoms, Acute sinusitis is a temporary infection often associated with a cold. Some common signs and symptoms include –
- Facial pain and/or pressure.
- Stuffy and blocked nose.
- Thick, discolored discharge from nose or drainage at the back of the throat, also referred to as postnasal drip.
- Pain and tenderness around eyes, cheeks, nose, or forehead.
- A runny nose.
- A cough that might get worse in the night.
- Loss of sensation of smell.
- Bad breath.
- Pain in ears.
Causes of Sinusitis (Sinus Infection)
- Viral/bacterial infection – Infection (bacterial or viral) can cause mucous membranes to swell up and become inflamed and thus blocking the drainage of fluid from the sinuses into the nose and throat. This buildup of fluid and mucus causes pressure and pain of sinuses.
- Allergic rhinitis – Allergies can lead to recurrent common colds with inflammation and trigger sinusitis.
- Deviated septum – Some people have deviated nasal septum which can block the nasal passage and leads to sinusitis.
- Nasal polyps – Nasal polyps are tissue growths inside the nose which block the sinuses and are a cause of sinusitis.
Risk Factors related to Sinusitis
Certain factors increase the risk of sinusitis and include the following:
- Asthma – There is a strong connection between asthma and sinusitis.
- Abnormality of nasal passages – Deviated or crooked septum greatly increases the risk of sinusitis.
- Immune system issues – Certain immunity problems can result in augmented risk.
- Exposure to pollutants – Exposure to smoke, such as from cigarettes, can result in sinus issues.
- Aspirin sensitivity – Sensitivity to aspirin is associated with respiratory symptoms and thus increases the risk of sinusitis.
Remedies for a Sinus Infection
- Washing hands often helps in decreasing the incidences of infections.
- Nasal congestion and stuffiness should be treated promptly to avoid buildup of fluids and development of sinusitis.
- Avoiding allergens which trigger allergy attacks is extremely helpful.
- Breathing dry air can aggravate nasal congestion and use of humidifiers increase the moisture in the air.
Natural Remedies for Sinus Infection
Apart from taking care of general hygiene, here are a few things you can do to aid the condition of Sinusitis.
- Use a humidifier.
- Breathe in steam vapours.
- Use a warm, wet towel on your face to take off some of the pressure.
- Try a nasal saline (saltwater) solution.
- Flush out your sinuses using bulb syringes or Neti pots.
- Drink lots of fluids
- Rest. Get plenty of sleep and give your body a chance to recover
- Opt for curcumin supplements
What all diagnostic tests are used to diagnose sinusitis?
- Physical Exam — Tenderness and pain on the face, around the nose, would be noted on physical exam.
- Imaging — CT scan or MRI of the sinuses might be needed to check for inflammation or obstruction if any.
- Endoscopy – Nasal endoscopy might be needed using an endoscope in order to observe inside of sinuses.
- Allergy testing – Allergy skin testing might be done to check for any allergies that might be exacerbating symptoms of sinusitis.
- Culture – If sinusitis is not responding to treatment culture might be ordered to check for the causing organism such as bacteria or fungi.
Benefits of Turmeric or Curcumin in Sinusitis
It is a well-known fact that turmeric is being used in Ayurveda for a variety of diseases. Modern science has indeed confirmed that all these benefits of turmeric can be attributed to the presence of Curcumin.
Like citrus fruits are the source of vitamin C, turmeric is known to be the source of Curcumin. Curcumin is a highly potent compound but its absorption through turmeric is not very easy.
Curcumin (Turmeric) is a known ingredient across the globe and its multiple health benefits (achieved when it gets combined with piperine, thereby increasing its bioavailability) further make it a significant part of Indian culinary.
Typically a turmeric root contains about 3-5% of Curcumin and thus taking non-standardized powdered turmeric root would entail intake of a very large amount in order to derive any benefit.
At the same time, Curcumin from turmeric is not easily absorbed by the gastrointestinal tract. Turmeric in itself has conventionally required a lot of additional compounds and tedious methods (such as making a golden paste and other such recipes) to improve its absorption and still it suffers the issue of low absorption due to being expelled out of the body without being absorbed.
Turmeric for Sinus is one of the best ayurvedic medicines. Turmeric contains natural anti-inflammatory properties and is rich in antioxidants. When combined with some other condiments brewed in hot tea, it can help loosen mucus from clogged nasal passages, relax sinus pressure, and make you feel instantly better.
Why are Curcumin Capsules better than other Medications?
Most doctors recommend and prescribe curcumin capsules as a part of sinus treatment in Ayurveda, as a regular intake of nano curcumin capsules helps reduce inner inflammation and strengthens the antioxidant of your body.
Why should you use SNEC30 instead of raw turmeric?
- SNEC30 Has Highly Potent Concentrated Curcumin – Research has already proven that the efficacy of turmeric is due to its natural component Curcumin and extracted Curcumin is quite powerful if one wishes to utilize the best benefits of turmeric. It is quite potent even more than prescription medicines and that too without any adverse side effects.
- SNEC30 gets easily absorbed due to high bioavailability – SNEC30 is the patented formula which has most easily absorbable form of Curcumin with the highest degree of bioavailability. Curcumin in turmeric has very low bioavailability which means a low percentage of what is consumed is actually absorbed.
- SNEC30 forms a nano-emulsion for better Curcumin assimilation – Curcumin in SNEC30 forms a nano-emulsion in the stomach which stays stable in the presence of gastric juices and acid. It then bypasses the pre-systemic metabolism in order to get absorbed through the lipid absorption channel and Peyers’ patches in the intestines which is the pathway for drug and vaccine delivery. It also escapes Liver First Pass (the phenomenon whereby the concentration of the drug is greatly reduced before it actually reaches the systemic circulation). SNEC30 reaches directly into the lymphatic system providing the basis for high Cmax (maximum serum concentration that a drug can achieve) at very low doses.
- SNEC30 works in harmony with body systems so it does not cause imbalance – Curcumin in SNEC30 works in a synchronized fashion in the body working on cellular membranes to organize them more orderly. This not only improves the resistance of cells against infection and malignancy as well as works on various receptors to control inflammation and pain without causing any adverse effects.
- SNEC30 is also a free radical scavenger – The Curcumin present in SNEC30 neutralizes free radicals and makes it the best natural antioxidant. Its immunomodulatory action strengthens the body to fight against most viral and bacterial infections. It should also be noted here that turmeric has been used as antimicrobial and disinfectant for centuries for wide-ranging topical bacterial and fungal infection.
SNEC30, the best sinus capsules are highly recommended to derive maximum benefits of Curcumin. It is a unique patented form of Curcumin which is highly absorbable at a rapid rate to ensure instant action on any disease process.
What are the effects of SNEC30 on sinusitis?
- SNEC30 brings down inflammation – SNEC30 is an excellent anti-inflammatory agent and it helps bring down swelling of sinus cavities. Also, it has special ability to alter many pathways and factors which are responsible for triggering inflammation of cells and tissues which aggravate sinus swelling and congestion.
- SNEC30 acts as a decongestant – Curcumin present in SNEC30 acts as a stimulant and natural decongestant resulting in relief from sinus congestion and thus relieves sinus pressure and pain.
- SNEC30 has a natural antibacterial/antiviral effect – SNEC30 has natural antibacterial as well as antiviral effect. Curcumin present in SNEC30 can act against various bacterial strains and thus can be especially helpful in fighting infections.
- SNEC30 has an antioxidant effect – SNEC30 due to its antioxidant properties helps in lowering free radical level. SNEC30 neutralizes free radicals released from cells which are responsible for cellular damage and further inflammation.
- SNEC30 decreases pain and pressure — Various studies have proved that intake of SNEC30 works on the overall decrease of pain along with the antibacterial activity. Not only this, SNEC30 brings about a significant decrease in inflammation and that too without any causing side effects like conventional pharmaceutical medications.
How SNEC30 works on sinusitis?
- SNEC30 known for its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect acts on relieving inflammation of sinuses while controlling the infection. It stimulates the nasal mucous linings and acts as a natural decongestant in order to relieve the pain and pressure which are most bothersome symptoms of sinusitis. Once the inflammation is reduced and infection is cleared, there is better drainage of sinuses and symptoms get alleviated.
What is the usual recommended dosage of SNEC30?
- SNEC30 is completely safe even at very high dosages also but ideally, dosage should be customized according to individual body requirement.
Are there any adverse effects of SNEC30?
- Trials generally report very few, if any, adverse effects of SNEC30 even at very high dosages. There have been no reports of toxicity following an even large amount of turmeric ingestion.
Some other best supplements for chronic sinusitis from the house of SNEC30 are SNEC-P curcumin drops
How to Buy Curcumin Capsules in India?
It won’t be wrong to conclude that curcumin can keep you hale and hearty and free from Sinusitis if taken in the right quantities. Hence, if you’re thinking where to buy curcumin capsules, check out the online store at SNEC30.
We provide the best online curcumin capsules in India at a nominal price with free shipping charges. Another aspect that sets us apart is that on purchasing 1 bottle of SNEC30 120 capsules, you get a 15% discount, while on purchasing 2 or more bottles, you get a 20% discount on the curcumin capsules price.
- All the information on this site is for general educational purpose and in no way can substitute the consultation with an ayurvedic doctor. It is highly recommended that you consult your ayurvedic doctor or health care professional to determine your individual requirements. Pregnant women and nursing mothers should not take any supplements without consulting their doctor.