Numerous reports indicate that nearly 75% of individuals suffer from dental issues out of which more than half have had a decayed tooth in the past. Even the World Health Organization (WHO) report claims that nearly 80% of individuals from the global population suffer from oral diseases.
So, if you too are one of those who suffer from a toothache, cavity problem, the question remains – what are oral gels, and should you rely on them for achieving good oral health? What’s the impact of a curcumin-based product like SNEC Oral Gel and how it helps you? Let’s find out.
What are oral gels? – A Quick OverviewIdeally, a gel is a solid/semi-solid substance having two constituents and is in a condensed form surrounded by a liquid. Most oral pain relief gels use benzocaine as it relieves you from minor mouth issues like toothaches, sore gums or throats, and injuries (if any).
However, the prolonged use of oral gels triggers multiple side effects like:
- They can infuse allergic reactions on your body
- While applying gels, you need to exercise extreme caution w.r.t the area chosen
- Sterilization is must for gels being used on cavities
Why do Doctors rely on Turmeric (Curcumin) Gels?Turmeric (Haldi) is a rhizome of Curcuma longa, a yellow-orange spice. Apart from the main constituent curcumin, it also includes demethoxycurcumin and bisdemethoxycurcumin. Turmeric (curcumin) has proven its importance in Ayurvedic medicine over the years owing to its anti-inflammatory, antiseptic properties including antioxidants, most doctors rely on curcumin-based gels to help you get rid of oral diseases.
Why SNEC Oral Gel?If you’re frantically searching for an oral gel for tooth pain/nerve pain/gum pain/toothache, your search ends with SNEC Oral Gel.
What makes SNEC Oral Gel special is that it’s an instant oral pain relief gel that consists of curcuminoids that give you instant pain relief.
Another factor that makes it one of the best curcumin oral gels in India is because it can be used to treat a variety of your dental problems like – mouth ulcers, bleeding, gingivitis, tender gums, periodontitis, and even prevent foul odor in your mouth.
By applying SNEC Oral gel 5mg tube 4-5 times a day or as prescribed by the physician, you can deal with a chronic problem like OSFM (Oral Submucosal Fibrosis) by decreasing the and burning sensation in your mouth helping in mouth opening.
1. Does Oral Gel work for a toothache?
Yes, SNEC oral gel consists of curcumin which is a natural painkiller. According to a study, curcumin can reduce oral pain. Many clinical trials suggest that the pain-alleviating power of turmeric is equivalent to over-the-counter medications like ibuprofen. When it comes to oral health, SNEC oral gel provides instant relief in tooth pain by reducing pro-inflammatory histamine levels and raising the production of cortisol levels in the body. Curcumin oral gel may help in toothache caused by cavities, or any other oral infections.
2. Does Oral Gel work for mouth ulcers?
Yes, SNEC oral gel works on mouth ulcers by helping reduce fungal and bacterial infections, enhanced healing. Curcumin present in SNEC gel penetrates the buccal mucosa and helps reduce pain and burning sensation effectively. Apart from simple mouth ulcers SNEC oral gel also helps in canker sores, Oral Lichen Planus, Oral Submucosal Fibrosis and precancerous lesions.
3. Can Oral Gel help in Oral Cancers?
Yes, SNEC oral gel contains Curcumin that is proven to help reduce proliferation and metastasis of the tumors. It also helps reduce symptoms like pain and burning in the lesions.
4. Is Oral Gel safe?
Most of the oral pain relief gel consists of benzocaine to relieve toothache, sore gums, and gum injuries. According to the FDA, the use of over-the-counter benzocaine gel and liquids can cause serious side-effects. They require extreme caution when applying to the gums or area infected in the mouth and can trigger allergic reactions.
To avoid multiple side effects, healthcare practitioners recommend curcumin oral gel which is extracted and prepared from turmeric. SNEC oral pain relief gel provides instant relief in toothache and other dental problems like periodontitis, gingivitis, tender gums, mouth ulcers, and gum bleeding. Also, there is no side-effect of this oral gel.
5. How do you use Oral Gel for a toothache?
The method of using all types of oral gels is the same. Here are the two steps to use oral gel for toothache and other conditions.
- Remove the cap and cut off the tip of the SNEC oral gel tube. Do not touch the tip with dirty hands.
- With a clean finger, apply the prescribed amount of oral gel to the affected area. Do not eat or drink for at least one hour after its application.
6. What are the benefits of Oral Gel?
There are numerous benefits of SNEC oral gel. According to a study in 2015, curcumin oral gel can effectively prevent gingivitis and plaque. As turmeric is antimicrobial and antifungal, it may help heal the reddening and bleeding of gums. Unlike benzocaine or other chemical-based oral gel, it does not have any severe side-effects.
While local anaesthetic reduces pain by temporarily blocking the pathway of pain signals along the tooth nerves, curcumin oral gel acts on the affected area by its anti-inflammatory, anti-infective and antioxidative properties. Hence the relief from pain is long-lasting. Also, it prevents the spread of the infection and accelerates healing.
7. Who should not use Oral Gel?
- Infants and children under the age of 2 years must not use benzocaine oral gel for treating oral conditions. However, there is no such restriction on the use of curcumin oral gel.
- People having gallstone or bile duct obstruction should avoid curcumin oral gel. Also, people who have gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) should not use this gel.
- Pregnant women should always consult their doctors before using any oral gel for pain relief.
- Curcumin, the active ingredient of turmeric, is natural and safe. In case you are allergic to turmeric then you should not use it.