Delhi, the capital of India, famous for its historical architectures, turns out to be a horrific place during winters, as Smog engulfs the entire city. Thanks to pollution that contributes greatly to the poor environment resulting in smog-causing short and long-term health hazards including bronchitis, asthma, reduced lung function, recurrence of COPD, impaired lung development in children and irritation to eyes, skin, and hair.
Turmeric, a spice of most Indian curry, an is undoubtedly the most powerful herb on the planet at fighting and potentially reversing the effects of smog.
Now, What’s Smog?
Today, what we typically call “smog”, is a mixture of pollutants but is primarily made up of ground-level ozone and harmful chemical fumes.
The main sources of the harmful chemicals are pollutants released directly into the air by gasoline and diesel-run vehicles, industrial plants and activities, incineration of waste and heating due to human activities.
A Quick Glance Behind Delhi’s Soaring Air Pollution: In every winter, Delhi’s breath goes under Smoke +Fog = Smog. In winters, the air above Delhi represents a yellowish or blackish fog as wind speed slows down helping smoke and fog to stagnate at a place forming smog and increasing pollution levels near the ground close to where people are respiring.
Smog also contains fine particles and exposure to particulate matter (PM) is linked to illness and hospitalization. High levels of PM2.5 in the air cause not only respiratory disorders like bronchitis, asthma, inflammation of the lungs and persistent coughing but can also lead to life-threatening heart attacks and strokes.
How Does Smog Affect Your Health
Exposure to smog can lead to several different types of short and long-term health problems, these include:
- A cough, pain in throat
- Nasal congestion, irritation in the nose
- Rhinitis, sneezing, sinusitis
- Chest irritation may lead to lung discomfort, drowning sensation
- Attacks of asthma, wheezing
- Bronchitis, laryngitis, dry cough
- Difficulty in breathing
- Skin rashes, dryness, itching
- Burning in eyes, tearing of eyes, redness, dryness, itching/stinging
- General symptoms include a headache, weakness, drowsiness, lethargy, irritability, anxiety, nausea and dizziness.
- Adversely, one may suffer from depression if not treated.
Traditionally, turmeric has been used in India as a culinary spice, derived from the rhizomes (underground stems) of the plant Curcuma longa, a member of the ginger family, and is known for its diverse therapeutic effects.
Curcumin, a polyphenol, is the main active component of turmeric responsible for its therapeutic effects including anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, anti-oxidant and immunomodulation properties following oral or topical administration.
Turmeric is used in various forms such as golden paste, powder mixed in milk, honey or water for local application as well for ingestion. But, turmeric fails to exert 100% of its therapeutic effect due to:
- Poor bioavailability
- Less permeability and extensive systemic metabolism
- Need to be combined with additional compounds to improve absorption
Now, to overcome the issues with common turmeric/curcumin, a novel formulation, SNEC30 (Self-nano emulsifying curcumin 30 mg) has been developed. SNEC30 is the latest generation of scientifically formulated bioactive co-developed by Arbro Pharmaceuticals Ltd, DSIR (Department for Scientific & Industrial Research, GOI) and Jamia Hamdard University.
SNEC30 uses Self Nano-Emulsifying Drug Delivery System (SNEDDS) which makes the properties of Curcumin to multifold. SNEC30 is patented through the prestigious United States Patent for drug delivery system.
- SNEC30 Uses SNEDDS for better Absorption, Highest Degree Of Bioavailability With Fast Action Mode –
The US patented formulation of SNEC30 is based on Self Nano Emulsifying Drug Delivery System (SNEDDS) that helps it to achieve Cmax (peak serum concentration of any drug) of active curcuminoids several times more than its’ closest rival. SNEC30 forms a stable nanoemulsion in the stomach and bypasses the pre-systemic metabolism followed by absorption through the lipid absorption channel and the payers’ patches in the intestines. It also escapes Liver First Pass and directly reaches into systemic blood through the lymphatic system providing the basis for high Cmax at a very low dose.
- SNEC 30 INHIBITS AIRWAYS INFLAMMATION LIKE COPD
Curcumin displays anti-inflammatory effects by lowering the activity of inflammatory enzymes likes COX-1,2 or preventing the production of inflammatory chemicals like tumor necrosis factor. Inflammation is the characteristic feature of COPD and cigarette smoking is one of the leading causes of COPD.
- SNEC 30 ATTENUATES OXIDATIVE STRESS
Oxidative stress which is an imbalance between prooxidants and natural antioxidants found in the body. The gaseous phase of smoke also contains radicals like superoxide radicals, hydroxyl radicals, and hydrogen peroxide which cause oxidative damage and give rise to inflammation. Curcumin acts as an antioxidant and it scavenges free radicals as well as raises the concentration of antioxidant enzymes and thereby alleviates oxidative stress.
- SNEC 30 CLEARS BLOCKAGE OF RESPIRATORY TRACT
Curcumin in SNEC 30 is found to reduce accumulation of immune cells to the airway, reduce inflammation and alleviates the obstruction and the narrowing down of the respiratory passage. It is also proven to have a mild expectorant effect which is useful in treating chronic airway disease. It also alleviates nasal congestion. Turmeric oil is useful in removing mucosal secretions, relieving cough and reducing breathing distress.
- SNEC 30 IN BRONCHITIS AND BRONCHIAL ASTHMA
It is one of the best natural anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant agent and helps in combating inflammation of bronchial tubes. It helps to fight microbial infections associated with Bronchitis and help develop immunity against it. Turmeric can help with several common symptoms of Bronchitis such as fever, shortness of breath, etc.
- SNEC 30 CAN ALLEVIATE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF SOME DRUGS.
Acetaminophen is often prescribed to bronchitis patients for relieving fever and inflammation. It may have side effects which could damage the liver and the kidneys. Curcumin, from turmeric, has the potential to reduce the toxic effects of acetaminophen and protect the kidneys and liver from damage. It could be used in combination with this drug, which could subsequently reduce the dosage and lower the risk of toxicity.
- SNEC30 is a Superior Anti-Oxidant – SNEC30, due to its unique US patented formulation, neutralizes free radicals which makes it the best anti-oxidant. Its immunomodulatory action strengthens body’s immunity to fight against most microbial infections. SNEC30 also exerts antimicrobial and disinfectant properties for a wide range of topical bacterial and fungal infections.
- SNEC30 for Upper Respiratory Tract Problems –
Smog results in bronchial asthma, congestion of nose and airway due to inflammation, cough, cold and occasionally, shortness of breath, affecting children, adults, and elderly population. Inflammation constricts the airways and makes it difficult to breathe. This is often related to an exaggerated response by the immune system that leads to chronic inflammation and damage to lung tissue by free radicals.
SNEC30 inhibits inflammation, relieves congestion and pain and thus improves your breathing.
- “Spice Up” Your Immunity With SNEC30 –
Better immunity leads to healthier and longer life.
SNEC30 is a potent immunomodulatory agent that can modulate your immunity by activation of T cells, B cells, macrophages, neutrophils, natural killer cells and dendritic cells that take an active part in body’s natural immune system. SNEC30 also down-regulates the expression of various proinflammatory cytokines including TNF, IL-1, IL-2, IL-6, IL-8, IL-12, and chemokines, most likely through inactivation of the transcription factor NF-kB.
- SNEC30 for Eyes –
Exposure to smog and ozone layer results in conjunctivitis, more commonly known as “pink eye,” which is manifested by an itchy, redness, tearing, pain and inflammatory response in eyes. SNEC30 is an ideal solution to all these symptoms as it has anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic properties. SNEC30 acts on fast-track motion to relieve the symptoms.
- SNEC30 – The Secret Behind Healthy & Radiant Skin –
Skin is the first line of defense against any kind of infection. Being the largest organ of our body, it encounters all sorts of stressors.
SNEC30 is a superior free radical scavenger and possesses anti-inflammatory properties that protect as well as heals our skin.
- It reduces skin irritation, rashes, itching, swelling, inflammation, and redness associated with allergic reactions.
- Restores hydration of skin post-exposure to harsh weather and sun; prevents drying and scaling of the skin.
- Protects skin from damage caused by free radicals and curb inflammation.
- SNEC30: Alternative For Hair Loss –
SNEC30 boosts your body’s overall health and reinforces an immune system in order to stimulate hair growth to continue without the complications that can arise from exposure to smog that results in hair loss, dryness and loss of shine.
- SNEC30 – Fights Depression – Recent studies, including one appearing in “The Journal of Affective Disorders”, report that curcumin tackles depression. Curcumin treatment resulted in a greater benefit in people who had atypical depression compared with the other patients (65% vs. 35%, respectively).
SNEC30, the US patented formula for curcumin influences several biological mechanisms associated with major depression, namely those associated with the monoaminergic activity, immune-inflammatory and oxidative and nitrosative stress pathways, hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis activity and neuro-progression.
- SNEC30 has “NO Side Effects” – It Works in Harmony with Other Body Systems – SNEC30 works in a synchronized fashion working on cellular membranes to organize them more orderly. This not only improves the resistance of cells against infection and malignancy as well as works on various receptors to control inflammation and pain without causing any adverse effects.
Dosage and Safety – SNEC30 is completely safe even at very high doses but the ideal dose should be customized according to individual body requirement. Trials generally report very few, if any, adverse effects of SNEC30 even at very high dose. There have been no reports of toxicity following an even large amount of turmeric ingestion.
|DON’T LET YOUR FUTURE GO UP IN SMOG: START THE FIGHT WITH SNEC30|
All the information on this site is for the purpose of general education and in no way can substitute the consultation with an Ayurvedic doctor. It is highly recommended that you consult with your Ayurvedic doctor or health care provider to determine the individual requirements. Pregnant women, nursing mothers, and children should not take any supplements without consulting their doctor.
- S. J. Moghaddam; P. Barta; S.G. Mirabolfathinejad; Z. Ammar-Aouchiel; N. Torrea Garza; T. T. Vo; Robert A. Newman; Bharat B. Aggarwal; Christopher M. Evans; Michael J. Tuvim; Reuben Lotan; and Burton F. Dickey.
- Ruth Etzel, MD,
- Andrew Weil, M.D.,
- Dr. Tim Schoen, 4. Se-Woong oh; Joo-Young Cha; Ji-Eun Jung; Beom-Chol Chang; Hyo-Jung Kwon; Bo-Ram Lee and Dae-Yong Kim
- La Cava, Antonio; Fiala, Milan
- Thangapazham RL, Sharad S, Maheshwari RK. Skin regenerative potentials of curcumin. Biofactors.2013 Jan 11.
- Adrian L. Lopresti; Michael Maes; Garth L. Maker; Sean D. Hood and Peter D. Drummond