SNEC 30 (Self Nano Emulsifying Curcumin 30mg) is the latest generation scientifically formulated bioactive co-developed by Arbro Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd, DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organization) and Jamia Hamdard University in collaboration with DST (Department of Science & Technology, GOI).
The US Patented formulation SNEC 30 capsules contain Curcumin (The active constituent of turmeric – Haldi), it is the most bioavailable form of Curcumin till date due to the technology that goes behind its’ formation. SNEC 30 is a Self Nano Emulsifying Drug Delivery System (SNEDDS) that helps it achieve Cmax of active curcuminoids several times higher than the closest rivals.
Curcumin in SNEC 30 forms a nanoemulsion in the stomach which is stable in stomach juices. It bypasses the pre-systemic metabolism and gets absorbed through the lipid absorption channel and the payers’ patches in the intestines. SNEC 30 also escapes Liver First Pass and reaches directly into the lymphatic system providing the basis for highest Cmax at a very low dose.
Radiolabeled studies of ordinary curcumin and SNEC 30 clearly show the difference between the two regarding bioavailability and mode of distribution. Regular curcumin sits in the stomach, and large intestine whereas SNEC 30 reaches to the brain and extremities as well, where the real site of action is in most of the cases.
Curcumin, a polyphenolic compound derived from dietary spice turmeric (Haldi), possesses diverse pharmacologic effects including anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiproliferative and anti-angiogenic activities to name a few of the long list of benefits.
Curcumin works as a disciplinarian in the body that works on cell membranes to organise them more orderly which improves the resistance of cells against infection and malignancy as well as various receptors to curb inflammation and pain. Free radical scavenging activity makes it the best natural antioxidant. Its immunomodulatory action gives strength to the body to fight against most of the viral and bacterial infections. It has been used as antimicrobial and disinfectant for centuries for wide-ranging topical bacterial and fungal infection.
Curcumin possesses a favourable safety profile, supported by hundreds if not thousands of years of use by humans as a spice and in traditional medicines like Ayurveda in India and Asian countries. Clinical trials have shown that curcumin is safe even at high doses (12 g/day) in humans but exhibit poor bioavailability.
Despite the diverse activities, unfortunately, common Curcumin suffers from poor biopharmaceutical properties that include:
- Low solubility in gastric juices
- Poor permeability
- Metabolism in enterocytes leading to early exit from body
- Extensive first pass metabolism
These problems limit Curcumin’s oral bioavailability and hinder its successful application to the treatment and prevention of the pathological conditions, as therapeutic concentrations are difficult to achieve at the site of action.
By a systematic use of modern formulation approaches, these biopharmaceutical barriers have been successfully overcome in SNEC 30, which exhibits the true potential of Curcumin to alleviate and prevent the suffering due to these and possibly other diseases.
Technology used in SNEC 30
Self Nano-Emulsifying Drug Delivery System (SNEDDS)
Self Nano-Emulsifying Drug Delivery Systems are a vital tool in resolving low bioavailability issues of poorly soluble drugs, in the case of turmeric, it is Curcumin. Hydrophobic drugs can be dissolved in these systems, enabling their delivery as a unit dosage form for oral administration.
SNEC30 possesses the highest bioavailability of Curcumin using a US patented formula of Self Nano-Emulsification so that active Curcuminoids get released in the lumen of the gastrointestinal tract and disperse to form a nanoemulsion with the aid of GI fluid. This leads to in-situ solubilization of drug that can subsequently be absorbed by lymphatic pathways to the systemic circulation, bypassing metabolism in enterocytes and extensive hepatic first-pass effect.
Highlights of SNEC30
- SNEC30 Uses SNEDDS for better Absorption, Highest Degree Of Bioavailability
- SNEC30 works faster than any other curcumin supplement.
- SNEC30 requires small doses and can be taken with other conventional drugs
- SNEC30 has “NO Side Effects” – It Works in Harmony with Other Body Systems
- SNEC30 is a Superior Anti-Oxidant with proven benefits on overall health
- SNEC30 is very useful in painful inflammatory conditions as being an anti-inflammatory and analgesic.
- SNEC30 as an anti-inflammatory helps to reduce pain and inflammation acting on Cyclooxygenase (COX) and Lipoxygenase (LOX) pathways.
- SNEC30 reduces free radicals which are responsible for stiffness and tenderness of muscles due to increased oxidative stress.
- SNEC30 stimulates a process of chondrogenesis which helps to strengthen bones and joints.
- SNEC30 demonstrates useful results in neurological conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and others.